DUE TO CONCERNS SURROUNDING COVID-19, OUR SERVICES HAVE BEEN MOVED TO ONLINE. WATCH US VIA FACEBOOK LIVE.

Our Story

Our church family was established in 1928 under the leadership of Rev C. H. Anderson. Our meetings were held in a rented lodge hall on East Boscawen Street, over the old Winchester Star Building. In 1936, the congregation moved into their new building at 455 North Cameron Street and named it “Full Gospel Tabernacle.”In 1963, the church purchased property on Springcrest Street (now Opequon Ave) for the construction of a new church facility and in 1965 they moved into it’s new facility. In 1975, the next phase of the building facing Pleasant Valley Road was completed with a sanctuary seating capacity of 700.

In 1984, a multipurpose building was erected on the corner of Opequon Ave and Hollinsworth Dr and the named “The Wigfield Family Life Center” in honor of Pastor H. L. Wigfield, who is now our Pastor Emeritus.The congregation outgrew the facilities on Pleasant Valley Road and made plans to purchase land in the Winchester area for a new worship facility. Following a long search and after overcoming many hurdles, approximately 30 acres of the Charles Hardy Grim Farm was purchased on Middle Rd in December 1999. In June 2003, ground was broken on this property for our new 60,000 square foot facility.In late 2004, all former facilities were sold to Mount Camel Baptist Church, and Victory Church leased the facilities for several months.In June of 2005, Victory Church moved into their new location with an 1,100 seat sanctuary, Student Ministry Center, Gymnasium, classrooms and office complex.

Our rich history includes the following pastors who have selflessly served the Victory Church family and Winchester Community:

  • Rev C. H. Anderson
          1928 – 1945
  • Rev M. N. Zezzo
          Jan. 1946 – Sept. 1949
  • Rev Thomas Kerfoot
          Sept. 1949 – Jan. 1954
  • Rev Herman Fry
          Feb. 1954 – Sept. 1958
  • Rev Frank Mays
          Oct. 1958 – Aug. 1960
  • Rev Joseph Smith
          Aug. 1960 – Nov. 1963
  • Rev H. L. Wigfield Jr.
          Nov. 1963 – Mar. 1993
  • Rev Larry Hickey
          April 1993 – July 2006
  • Rev David Cunsolo
          Aug. 2006 – May 2020
  • Rev. Keith Cross
          May 2020 - Present